Mental Health America of Georgia works to enhance the mental health of all Georgians through education, outreach and advocacy.
Mental Health America of Georgia envisions a day when all Georgians will have access to culturally competent and appropriate mental health services for and information on prevention, early intervention, treatment and recovery.
- MHA of Georgia accepts and respects the populations it serves for who they are and attempts to enhance their mental health without judgment or coercion.
- Through continuous consumer advocacy, MHA of Georgia strives to reduce harm caused by social institutions and policies to the populations it serves. The organization’s concern is with quality of life rather than one particular approach.
- MHA of Georgia sees the needs of its populations as the driving force behind the decisions it makes. The organization strives toward mutual identification of challenges and issues in the mental health arena and mutual determination of goals in work plans. MHA of Georgia strives to assure that consumers routinely have a voice in the creation of programs and policies which affect them.
- MHA of Georgia strives to achieve the highest quality of advocacy and programming consistent with available resources and consumer needs.
- MHA of Georgia strives to use resources in the most effective and efficient manner.
- MHA of Georgia uses its staff’s creativity, knowledge, and talent to develop innovative programs and initiatives throughout the agency.
- MHA of Georgia is dedicated to developing excellence among the staff.