Leadership Empowerment & Access Program (LEAP)
The Leadership Empowerment and Access Program (LEAP) is a training program designed to improve skills in professional development, leadership and personal resiliency for youth and young adults, 16 – 26 years old, who are managing or at risk of developing behavioral health conditions. LEAP participants master the ability to analyze strengths and weaknesses, set and achieve personal and vocational goals through the training tracks outlined below.
This training program offers training to youth and young adults on mental wellness and employment acquisition and maintenance. Young people have an opportunity to engage with our Program Specialist who will teach the tools and skills to gain self-empowerment, personal growth, and life-skills on their journey to achieve desired vocational goals. Participants have the opportunity to complete any or all of the trainings found in the three tracks outlined below in order to accomplish their personal and professional goals.
- Ages of 16-26 and self-reported of “at risk of behavioral health challenges or managed behavioral health challenges”.
- Participants are encouraged to have access to digital and virtual platforms in order to complete trainings.
- LEAP is a voluntary program; therefore, the participant must willingly participate fully in all activities.
- Participant must be a US Georgia Resident.
- Participant must be physically and mentally capable to participate in the program with reasonable accommodations for physical and other disabilities. MHAG is not a treatment provider therefore accommodations must be supported by an external provider.
We are now accepting applications into the LEAP program. If you are applying on an individuals’ behalf, we ask that you complete the application form below. LEAP’s Program Specialist will connect with you and the prospective LEAP participant(s) once the form is received. If you are self-applying, please review the LEAP training tracks to determine which module you would like to register for. The LEAP Program Specialist will connect with you once the application is submitted.