Mental Health America (MHA) of Georgia is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the mental health of Georgians through education, outreach, and advocacy.
MHA of Georgia is looking for a Program Assistant to promote the organization, its mission, and programs, as well as assist with fundraising programs and events. Some of the specific duties on which the successful candidate will work include:
- Planning and coordination of one or more programs and their activities including: daily support, research, and community outreach
- Ensuring implementation of policies and practices regarding program(s)
- Assists in the creation of promotional materials or solicitations/informational mailings.
- Generates reports detailing the status of programs or projects.
- Typically reports to a program manager. May work on projects with medium to high complexity in a support role.
- Assist with annual mini fundraising events
We are looking for a competent Program Coordinator to undertake a variety of program management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties.
To be an excellent program coordinator, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with small diverse teams. The goal will be to facilitate the effective management of programs according to the organization’s standards.
- · Support planning and coordination of a program and its activities
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
- Manage communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Prepare paperwork
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals
- Support growth and program development
- Some experience as program coordinator or relevant position
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Operations. He/she must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, have excellent communication skills – both written and oral, and be organized. Further, he/she must take initiative, be a self-starter, and produce quality work. He/She must be able to work independently in a group setting. He/She must have reliable transportation for occasional work duties.
Hours are flexible, but preference will be given to those candidates who can work 15-20 hours/week.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to Taimere Wood at Taimere@mhageorgia.org Please include “Program Coordinator Internship” in the subject line